Hipshot Grip-Lock Tuner Upgrade Kits
Closed Gear, 6 In Line
Upgrade your 6 In Line tuners to a set of Hipshot Locking Tuners. These tuners will improve the tuning accuracy and stability of your guitar.
Their UMP™(Universal Mount Plate), included free in this kit, helps fit these tuners without the need for drilling or screwing.
The Hipshot Grip-Lock tuners come with a locking mechanism to lock the string in place rather than winding around the post. The string is threaded as usual through the eye of post and then, using the thumbwheel on the back of the tuner body, the pin is tightened against the string. You would then tune the guitar up as usual. Changing strings is quick and easy!
The locking mechanism also improves your guitar’s tuning stability. Guitar strings tend to slip when wound around the string post, often after aggressive playing or bending – having a locking mechanism completely removes this problem.
These Hipshot Locking Tuners posses the precision, craftsmanship and technology as expected from Hipshot Products.
All Hipshot Locking Tuners kits include:
- 6 locking tuners
- Reach nuts
- Free UMP™
- Screws also included in case your guitar is not compatible with the UMP™.
- To fit standard 10mm headstock holes
The staggered height is measured for the base of the string post to the centre of the string hole and you can find the full measurements here – https://www.hipshotproducts.com/documents/category/guitar-tuning-machines-2.html
You can view the rest of the Hipshot range of products HERE
Grip-Lock Tuners Feature:
- Locking pin and thumb wheel system clamps onto your string for extra security.
- Optional staggered post configuration means you can increase your break angle, reduce buzz at the nut and free your guitar from string trees forever!
Staggered post sets are available in various configurations which include:
- Short – 18mm, 19mm, 20mm
- Standard – 19mm, 20mm, 21mm
- Tall – 20mm, 21mm, 23mm
- Non-staggered posts are 21mm
Closed Tuners Feature:
- 15:1 gear ratio
- Schaller M6L Mini footprint
- D07 style buttons
Bass Side – Right Handed / Treble Side – Left Handed