Hipshot BT10 Bass Xtender Tuning Machine
Does your music require you to quickly drop your low E do D? You need a Hipshot Xtender! The Hipshot BT10 is a direct replacement for the GOTOH GB1 machine head which features on many MIJ Fender bass guitars.
Stop retuning your bass guitar between songs. This Hipshot Xtender allows you to drop your E to D with the flip of a lever! You can even set it to drop down to as low as C!!
The E tuning is set using the traditional tuning button whilst the low position is set using the small thumb screw on the tuner body.
A typical setup for a bassist would be to use the detuner on the bottom string (E string) with the top position set to E and the bottom position set to D. This would all them to change their tuning from Standard (E, A, D, G) to Drop-D (D, A, D, G).
Please note: the BT10 Xtenders do not fit the Geddy Lee Jazz Bass (even though these basses are Japanese made). The BT2 retrofits the Geddy Lee bass.
You can view the rest of the Hipshot Bass Xtender range HERE
- Robust stamped and machined steel construction
- 27:1 tuning ratio
- Adjustable tension nylon bearing system
- Installation instructions and mounting hardware included
- Stainless steel key prevents tarnishing and rust where you touch the tuner the most
- Available in durable Black, Nickel and Gold finishes
- Xtenders are sold individually