Hipshot Vintage 3+3 GripLock Locking Tuners
Closed Back Tuners
Upgrade your tuners and improve the tuning accuracy and stability of your guitar with a set of Hipshot Vintage 3+3 Locking Tuners. These sets of tuners include Hipshot’s patent pending UMP™(Universal Mount Plate), which will allow you to install these machine heads without the need for drilling or screwing your headstock.
Hipshot’s Vintage tuners are designed to fit electric guitars with 8.5mm headstock holes. Guitars with these sized holes typically use vintage or “vintage styled” machine heads that have a 6mm post and press-in bushing.
The Hipshot Grip-Lock tuners come with a locking mechanism to lock the string in place rather than winding around the post. The string is threaded as usual through the eye of post and then, using the thumbwheel on the back of the tuner body, the pin is tightened against the string. You would then tune the guitar up as usual. Changing strings is quick and easy!
The locking mechanism also improves your guitar’s tuning stability. Guitar strings tend to slip when wound around the string post, often after aggressive playing or bending – having a locking mechanism completely removes this problem.
Hipshot’s Grip-Lock Tuners posses the precision, craftsmanship and technology you have come to expect from Hipshot Products.
All kits include and feature:
- 3 Bass Side (Right Handed) GripLock Tuners
- 3 Treble Side (Left Handed/Reverse) GripLock Tuners
- Reach nuts
- Free UMP™
- Screws also included in case your guitar is not compatible with the UMP™.
- To fit standard 8.5mm headstock holes
You can view the rest of Hipshot’s Tuner Upgrade Kits HERE
- Grip-Lock pin and thumb wheel system clamps onto your string for extra security.
- 3x Bass side tuners (Right Handed)
- 3x Treble side tuners (Left Handed
- UMP (Universal Mount Plate)
- Made in Korea
Closed Tuners Feature:
- 15:1 gear ration
- Schaller M6L Mini footprint
- D07 Style Button